SCOPE: The Sharyland ISD Education Foundation
• is a 501(c) (3) non-profit tax-exempt philanthropic organization of citizens
• shares a vision of enhancing education in the Sharyland Independent School District
• works to increase private support for educational activities in the Sharyland Independent School District
• benefits Sharyland Independent School District students and staff by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars
• fosters creative approaches to education through private grants and involvement
• awards Foundation funds through a volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community and education leaders
The Sharyland ISD Education Foundation has been created to support educational programs for both the students and staff of the Sharyland Independent School District. The Foundation will provide funds to enhance educational programs and activities which either have not been funded or have been under-funded by the normal operating budget. These funds will be used to facilitate student achievement and skill development, to recognize and encourage staff excellence and to expand community involvement from individuals, businesses and civic organizations.
SHARYLAND ISD EDUCATION FOUNDATION MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Sharyland Independent School District is to generate and distribute resources in support of the goals and objectives of Sharyland Independent School District. The Foundation will provide opportunities for enrichment and expand programs needed to meet the District's stated mission of excellence in education.
The Foundation will achieve its mission by directing resources toward the following goals: